Apply for the Business English Program (online).
Apply for the Business English Program (PDF form).
Our four-week Business English Program develops your communication skills and cross-cultural awareness. This program focuses on business topics such as presentations, marketing strategies, job search and interviews. You will build vocabulary specific to business, and you will become familiar with the Canadian business environment through company visits and guest speakers from different industries. Through the weekly pronunciation practice, conversation tutor meetings, resume writing, and a variety of other in-class and out-of-class activities, you will be able to deepen your cultural understanding, improve oral and written English proficiency, and build confidence in communicating in an international business context.
Upon completion of this program you should be able to:
- Carry on business and social conversations with more ease
- Use appropriate formal and informal language choices in a business setting
- Understand the culture of international business, accepted ways of expressing ideas and opinions in formal and informal work settings
- Develop business vocabulary necessary for expressing and communicating effectively in different business contexts
- Organize and deliver presentations using visual aids
- Practice writing in various business styles (e.g., agendas, minutes resumes, emails)
- Practice speaking in different business contexts (e.g., telephoning, meetings, negotiations, presentations, company visits)
- Practice job search skills by completing various stages in the process of getting a job in Canada
- Understand and reflect on the principles of the operation of Canadian businesses
Program Entry Requirements
- Interest in improving your English for international business
- Intermediate level of English or higher
Business English Program Brochure Translations