Academic Accessibility Accommodations for Students

The University of Guelph is committed to creating a barrier-free environment. Providing services for students is a shared responsibility among students, faculty and administrators. This relationship is based on the respect of individual rights, the dignity of the individual and the University community's shared commitment to an open and supportive learning environment.

University of Guelph Degree Students

Students requiring service or accommodation—whether due to an identified, ongoing disability or a short-term disability—should email Student Accessibility Services (SAS) or phone 519-824-4120 ext. 56208 as soon as possible.

For more information, visit the SAS website.

Continuing Education and Open Learning Program Students

If you are a Continuing Education or Open Learning program student who requires special service or academic accommodation, whether due to an identified ongoing or short-term disability, please contact the Academic Assistant to the Executive Director. Please ensure that you contact us before the end of the first week of your course (every semester) in order to avoid any delays in support. Documentation from a health professional is required for all academic accommodations. Please note that all information provided will be held in confidence.

If you require textbooks produced in an alternate format (e.g., DAISY, Braille, large print or eText), please contact the Academic Assistant to the Executive Director at least two months prior to the course start date. If contact is not made within the suggested time frame, support may be delayed. It is recommended that you refer to the course outline before beginning your course in order to determine the required readings.

DHR will provide alternative communication formats for materials on this website upon request.